How to Cut an Ice Cream Cake
Many find the process of slicing ice cream cakes daunting. How long do we thaw it for? Will it melt too quickly?
We're here to show you just how easy it is to cut an ice cream cake.
1. Take your gorgeous cake out of your freezer and thaw it at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes, maximum.
Many think that ice cream requires a long time to thaw – which isn't true at all. In fact, on the contrary, thawing for too long would result in ice cream that is much too soft and watery – making it more messy and tedious to slice.
2. Prepare a large kitchen knife, and a glass of hot water.
While we do provide plastic cake knives on our online store, due to customer requests, it is always best to use a metal knife. Plastic knives are too blunt and flimsy to cut through frozen ice cream neatly – and they only make enjoying your ice cream cake more difficult and messy.
Dip knife blade into hot water, making sure to wipe dry before slicing. A damp knife would cause the edges of your cake to become watery and diluted.
The warm knife will slide through the ice cream, giving you beautiful, smooth cuts.
3. Always dip your knife back into the hot water before each slice.
The residue on the knife, of cream and other good stuff such as chocolate and marshmallow fluff, will be sticky and gooey – making it harder to slice.
4. And, again, the cardinal rule – wipe clean before slicing. Repeat until you get your desired number of portions.
5. One last tip, which we discovered during a late night craving: pre-slice your leftover cake for easy snacking 😉
And voila, that's it! Just 5 easy steps to having a worry-free ice cream cake experience. Now, go forth and have your cake!