Some days call for indulging in ice cream straight from the pint, other days call for something a little more fancy. These cinnamon-cornflake crusted balls mimic the deliciousness of old-school deep fried ice cream, with a fraction of the effort.
We use our Vanilla Bean Dream Gelato for this recipe. Made from fresh, free-range Australian milk and real vanilla beans, it has a smooth, dense texture that's perfect for moulding into balls.
Here's how to do it yourself at home. Enjoy!
- 1 pint Vanilla Bean Dream Gelato
- 1 cup Cornflakes
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Butter (melted)
- You'll also need: tray, parchment paper, ice cream scoop, ziploc bag and rolling pin
- Scoop Vanilla Bean Dream into small round balls. Freeze 1 hour.
- Put cornflakes, sugar & cinnamon into ziploc bag and hit with rolling pin until crushed.
- Add melted butter to cornflake crumbs and mix until well combined.
- Pour cornflake crumbs into bowl. Dip frozen balls into mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Freeze coated balls 1 hour.
- Serve as-is, or with a drizzle of golden honey.